Brent's 40th birthday is this weekend, so to celebrate, we are living it up in the Pacific Northwest. Vancouver to be exact. This trip has been in the making for months as a surprise for him, and I am so excited to have him all to myself for 6 days.
It is so incredibly green here, all the plants are thriving, and it is a very busy, bustling city. I had no idea how huge it was. It is set picturesquely on a bay, and the city surrounds it in a horseshoe shape. Huge buildings, and a great city vibe.

This view is from our balcony, directly over the shopping district of Robson Street. You can make out the bay in the background up top. Gorgeous. It has been a bit cool, and rainy, but still so nice to be outdoors.

It has been a blast to walk up and down the streets. The area is beautiful and the city is so clean.
We also snuck up to Capilano Suspension Bridge. It is 250 feet above the river, and almost 500 feet long. It had such a sway, that was hard to walk on. But the views were unmatched.

Brent standing at one end of the Bridge. When we first arrived, It was so busy that you could hardly cross. Most of the people were in and out, but we wandered for hours.

The moss grew rampant on almost every surface in the forest. This is seriously only 10 minutes from downtown. Crazy!
There were also pathways, and smaller suspension bridges throughout the trees. It was so fun to wander around the park.

I am so lucky to have Brent for my own. I love this guy!

I love this picture that Brent snuck of me. I just remember feeling so lucky and content.



Silly pictures by the totum poles. Yehaw!
We also went on a bike adventure around Stanley Park. We followed the sea-wall for about seven miles, enjoyed the scenery, air and each other.




I couldn't resist a picture in this silly tree.
Thanks to all who helped in the production of this vacation. Love to you all.
4 comments:
How cute are you guys? I love the pics. You are stinking cute in that hat! It looks chilly but wonderful! Have a great time your last few days!
It looks like so much fun! You're awesome to surprise Brent. Have a great rest of your trip.
i have been dying to see your pics and where is dr. cullen?
Good to see some pictures and read the narrative. You are so good to plan that for Brent (the old man).
I went to that same park with the bridges and totem poles when I was in high school on a choir tour. Funny how things stay the same.
Post a Comment